Weed Control with One Application
In ornamental nurseries, weeds compete with plants for valuable resources and nutrients, while also acting as hosts for diseases and insects. A weed management program is essential in order to maximize plant production in nurseries.
Pre-emergent herbicides control grass and broadleaf weeds and allow for treatment over the top of many ornamentals. For successful control, pre-emergent herbicides should be applied weeks in advance of seed germination to allow time for product activation.
brand herbicide is a pre-emergent herbicide that provides a barrier of protection, preventing weed emergence for up to eight months, depending on rate of application and environmental factors (see table below). Barricade works by preventing the growth and development of newly germinated weeds. It is recommended that for a successful weed management program, growers should still exercise cultural practices such as hand weeding and cultivation in addition to chemical controls.
- One application can control grass and broadleaf weeds before they emerge all season long
- Can be applied as a broadcast spray to newly transplanted and established ornamentals grown in beds or containers
- Low water solubility keeps the herbicide from moving to minimize its effect on nearby roots
- Low odor, non-staining formulation eliminates equipment and plant clean-up
- Tank-mixes well with other herbicides found on the label for a broader spectrum of control
Barricade controls more than 30 weeds, including crabgrass, spurge and chickweed. It is available in two formulations for added convenience:
- Barricade 4FL
- 30-gallon bulk container
- 4 x 1-gallon
- 10 gallon LinkPak
- Barricade 65WG
The following chart shows the length of control Barricade had on crabgrass:
Learn more at www.GreenCastOnline.com/Barricade
©2020 Syngenta. Important: Always read and follow label instructions. Some products may not be registered for sale or use in all states or counties and/or may have state-specific use requirements. Please check with your local extension service to ensure registration and proper use. Barricade® and the Syngenta logo are trademarks of a Syngenta Group Company.