Get pre-emergent weed control this spring in lawns and landscape beds
By Dean Mosdell, Ph.D., technical services manager for Syngenta
Barricade® 4FL and Barricade 65WG herbicides are premier pre-emergent herbicides that deliver low-rate, season-long efficacy against more than 30 of the most troublesome weeds, including crabgrass, chickweed, oxalis, goosegrass, Poa annua and spurge in lawns and landscape beds. Both formulations are non-staining and easy-to-use, offering maximum convenience.
A volume discount is available for Barricade 4FL, and Barricade 65WG is also available for use on fertilizer. Plus, a new 4 oz. Barricade 4FL container is available for backpack applications. Barricade is safe to apply over the top of many ornamental plants (see label for tolerant species).
Longest-lasting for season-long control
As the longest-lasting pre-emergent weed control available, Barricade brands offers:
- Season-long control with one application
- Flexibility for split applications in typical lawn care rounds one and two
- A guaranteed crabgrass control program
View the Barricade Herbicide Application Guarantee Program sheet for more details.
Prevent new growth
Barricade brands help control susceptible weeds by preventing growth and development of newly germinated weeds.
- Weed control is most effective when Barricade 4FL or 65WG (or Barricade on fertilizer) is activated by at least 0.25 inch of rainfall or irrigation before weed seeds germinate and within 14 days following application. Landscape beds should be free of weeds prior to Barricade applications.
- Crabgrass will germinate when soil temperatures reach approximately 60° F at a 2-inch depth for at least two days in late winter/early spring.
- You can track soil temperature with these Soil Temperature Maps.
Barricade + Tenacity
If you have missed your timing for crabgrass germination, Barricade brands can be combined with a post-emergent herbicide like Tenacity® herbicide. On several turfgrass species, Tenacity + Barricade 4L or 65WG will help control:
4 oz. bottles coming this spring
- Many dicot weeds such as dandelion and oxalis, both pre- and post-emergent, widening the window for control of many troublesome weeds
- See the Tenacity label for weed list and tolerant turfgrass species
Talk to your distributor about the new 4 oz. bottles of Barricade 4FL coming this spring. Below is a conversion chart to help you convert rates to fl. oz./1,000 ft.2
Watch below to learn more about the Barricade 4FL 4-oz. bottle:Barricade rate conversions
|Assumption - 1 gal. spray covers 1,000 sq. ft. |
| Rates per:|| 4 oz. bottle coverage|| How many ounces to put in a sprayer by size|
| Acre||1,000 sq. ft.|| 1 gal.||2 gal.||3 gal.||4 gal.||5 gal.||10 gal.||15 gal.|
| Barricade 4FL|| 21||0.5||8,000||sq. ft.|| 0.50||1.00||1.50||2.00||2.50||5.00||7.50|
| 31||0.75||5,333||sq. ft.|| 0.75||1.50||2.25||3.00||3.75||7.50||11.25|
Season-long crabgrass and grub control. One application.
In northern geographies, the timing of pre-emergent herbicides (from April 1 through May 15) coincides with the application timing of preventive grub control. So, instead of making multiple applications to meet your preventive crabgrass and white grub control needs, upgrade to ONE application of Barricade 4FL or Barricade 65WG herbicide and Acelepryn® insecticide to keep both crabgrass and white grubs in check. You can save time by combining the longest lasting crabgrass control product with the longest lasting grub control product for season-long results. View the brochure for details.
For more information about weed control, contact your local Syngenta territory manager.
© 2022 Syngenta. Important: Always read and follow label instructions. Some products may not be registered for sale or use in all states or counties and/or may have state-specific use requirements. Please check with your local extension service to ensure registration and proper use. Acelepryn®, Barricade®, Tenacity® and the Syngenta logo are trademarks of a Syngenta Group Company.