Get pre-emergent weed control for golf courses this spring
By Dean Mosdell, Ph.D., technical services manager for Syngenta
Barricade® 4FL and Barricade 65WG are premier pre-emergent herbicides that deliver low-rate, season-long efficacy against more than 30 of the most troublesome weeds, including crabgrass, chickweed, oxalis, Poa annua and spurge. Both products are non-staining, easy-to-use formulation that offers the maximum convenience. A volume discount is available for Barricade 4FL, and Barricade 65WG is also available for use on fertilizer.
Long-lasting for season-long control
As a long-lasting pre-emergent weed control option, Barricade brands offer:
- Season-long control with one application
- A guaranteed crabgrass control program
View the Barricade Herbicide Application Guarantee Program sheet for more details.
Mode of action
Barricade brands help control susceptible weeds by preventing growth and development of newly germinated weeds.
Barricade + Tenacity
- Weed control is most effective when Barricade 4FL or Barricade 65WG (or Barricade on fert) is activated by at least 0.25 inch of rainfall or irrigation before weed seeds germinate and within 14 days following application.
- Crabgrass will germinate when soil temperatures reach approximately 60° F at a 2-inch depth for at least two days in late winter/early spring
- You can track soil temperature with these Soil Temperature Maps
If you have missed your timing for crabgrass germination, Barricade brands can be combined with a post-emergent herbicide like Tenacity® herbicide
. On several turfgrass species, Tenacity + Barricade 4L or Tenacity + Barricade 65WG will help control:
Barricade + Pennant Magnum
- Many dicot weeds such as dandelion and oxalis, both pre- and post-emergent, widening the window for control of many troublesome weeds
- See the Tenacity label for weed list and tolerant turfgrass species
Consider a combination or pre-emergence program of Barricade brands and Pennant Magnum® herbicide
on warm-season turf for control of:
- Yellow nutsedge
Two modes of action can be an excellent solution to help control more weeds, and a FIRA 2(ee) label is available for goosegrass control with Pennant Magnum.
Barricade rate conversions
Season-long crabgrass and grub control. One application.
In northern geographies, the timing of pre-emergent herbicides (from April 1 through May 15) coincides with the application timing of preventive grub control. So, instead of making multiple applications to meet your preventive crabgrass and white grub control needs, upgrade to ONE application of Barricade 4FL or Barricade 65WG herbicide and Acelepryn® insecticide to keep both crabgrass and white grubs in check. You can save time by combining the longest lasting crabgrass control product with the longest lasting grub control product for season-long results. View the brochure for details.
For more information about weed control, contact your local Syngenta territory manager.
©2021 Syngenta. Important: Always read and follow label instructions. Some products may not be registered for sale or use in all states or counties and/or may have state-specific use requirements. Please check with your local extension service to ensure registration and proper use. Syngenta supports a FIFRA Section 2(ee) recommendation for Pennant Magnum on goosegrass. Please see the section 2(ee) recommendation to confirm that the recommendation is applicable in your state. Acelepryn®, Barricade®, Pennant Magnum®, Tenacity® and the Syngenta logo are trademarks of a Syngenta Group Company.