Keep Weeds Out of Your Operation
To help maximize plant production, it is critical to keep your nursery free of weeds that can compete with plants for valuable nutrients and act as hosts for diseases and insects. Implement a weed management program that includes pre-emergent herbicides to control grassy and broadleaf weeds. For successful control, pre-emergent herbicides should be applied weeks in advance of seed germination to allow time for product activation.
Barricade® brand herbicides are pre-emergent herbicides that prevent the growth and development of newly germinated weeds.
- Controls more than 30 weeds, including crabgrass, spurge and chickweed.
- Low water solubility keeps the herbicide from moving. It stays in the top 0.5 inch of the soil, to minimize impact on the roots of nearby plants and trees.
- Can be sprayed over the top of newly transplanted and established ornamentals grown in beds or containers.
- Low-odor, non-staining formulation reduces equipment and plant clean-up.
- Excellent tank-mix partner with Princep® Liquid and Pennant Magnum® herbicides for broader spectrum control.
Barricade is available in two formulations for added convenience:
- Barricade 4FL
- 30-gallon bulk container
- 4 x 1-gallon
- 10-gallon LinkPak
- Barricade 65WG
Barricade provides a strong barrier of protection, preventing weed emergence for up to eight months depending on rate of application and environmental factors. See the table below for crabgrass control:
Learn more about adding Barricade to your weed management program here.
All photos are either the property of Syngenta or are used with permission.
© 2023 Syngenta. Important: Always read and follow label instructions. Some products may not be registered for sale or use in all states or counties and/or may have state-specific use requirements. Please check with your local extension service to ensure registration and proper use. Barricade®, Pennant Magnum®, Princep® and the Syngenta logo are trademarks of a Syngenta Group Company.